How To Pass A Mouth Swab Test Every Time [Step By Step Guide]
People who regularly take drugs are rightly scared about the mouth swab drug test. But with the right knowledge and tools, it’s perfectly possible to learn how to pass a mouth swab test every single time.
I’m going to quickly talk you through how you can learn to pass an oral drug test with ease, even if you know you’ve got drug metabolites in your saliva. You’ll learn how far back a mouth swab drug test goes (detection times), you will learn whether home remedies to pass a saliva drug test really work, and you’ll also learn about professional products you can use instead.
I’ll also tell you about my own testing using at home saliva drug tests, so you can see which professional products for passing a mouth swab drug test work best.
Why Saliva Drug Testing Is So Dangerous
Saliva drug testing is becoming more common, and for a variety of reasons, it’s by far the most dangerous immediate threat to people who use drugs.
Although you are more likely to get caught with hair, blood, or urine drug testing, there are several key reasons why you should actually be most fearful of saliva drug testing:
- It can be administered on the spot leaving you no time to prepare
- There is no special training required to administer a test
- Saliva drug testing is now common at the roadside
- Results are available within a few minutes
- Saliva testing is cheap, making it attractive to employers
- Avoids all problems with privacy and dignity
In several countries, roadside drug testing using mouth swab samples with digital testing equipment is now common, especially in the USA and Australia. It’s also more common in the USA than you would think, with many states and counties having trialed it over the past couple of years.
But it’s in the workplace where mouth swab testing is most dangerous. In a lot of industries, it’s becoming more common, especially when machinery and driving are involved. Because someone can literally walk up to you and ask you to open your mouth and submit the sample (although that’s actually quite unlikely, you usually get some notice in it a few minutes), it is incredibly dangerous.
My upset is that it’s unfair. If you are driving a forklift smashed on drugs then I’ve no sympathy for you. But if you had a joint last night, and are completely back down-to-earth now, why on earth should you lose your job because drug metabolites still appear in your saliva?
When You Could Face An Oral Drug Test
So the bottom line here is you could face an oral drug test in a multitude of circumstances:
- In some key jobs, it’s becoming more common. Especially with jobs like driving, and using equipment. But it’s more than that, and even in some white-collar jobs now on the spot oral swab drug testing is being increasingly commonly used.
- You could definitely face a mouth swab drug test from law enforcement. Either at the roadside, if you are arrested, or going through the courts. So things like probation are a problem as well.
- Some insurance companies are now using drug testing, and although it’s more commonly urine and hair sample drug testing, you could also face short notice mouth swab testing.
Drug Detection Times In Saliva
Now the great news is that drug detection times in saliva are not that long. So in terms of how far back does a mouth swab drug test go, it’s usually around 24 hours, and only up to a maximum of 72 hours even for chronic drug users.
However, there are exceptions to that. It’s very difficult to be precise because every drug is different, and every person is different, without even taking into account the fact that the frequency of use matters as well.
Let’s take a quick look at average drug detection times in saliva for an occasional user (someone doing it once per week or less):
- Amphetamines up to 12 hours
- Methamphetamines up to 3 days
- Heroin up to 2 days
- Cocaine up to 3 days
- Cannabis up to 3 days
- LSD up to 6 hours
- MDMA to 24 hours
So the above drug detection times are typical. Although they are longer than 24 hours, you should remember that it says “up to”, and many occasional users will be detectable for far less than those maximum averages.
But in terms of how far back does a mouth swab drug test go, for chronic users you could add 12-24 hours to most of those.
Cocaine for chronic users can actually be detected for up to 5 days in saliva, making it one of the big exceptions. The other big exception is cannabis. A chronic user, multiple times per day, can be detectable in saliva for up to 7 days in rare circumstances.
Using Home Remedies To Pass A Saliva Drug Test
It’s actually surprisingly easy to pass a saliva drug test using home remedies, but only if you fit into that category of being an occasional user who will have low volumes of drug metabolites in your saliva, and only for a short space of time.
Some of the most popular home remedies to pass a saliva drug test include the following:
- Brush your teeth several times per day in the lead up to your test. Really focus on the gum line and your tongue.
- Mouthwash is also reputed to help. I’m not so sure about this, but it can’t hurt to use mouthwash several times a day in addition to cleaning your teeth. Obviously cleaning your teeth and using mouthwash is only possible if you have advance notice.
- Chewing gum, sucking Altoids mints, drinking lots of water, these are all ways of turning over the saliva supplied quickly in your mouth are all thought to help with moving drug toxins out your saliva more quickly.
- If you’re trying to get rid of cannabis metabolites then fatty foods in the hours leading up to your test can help. Fatty foods not only create more saliva which gives you a fast turnover, but fat creates bile, and cannabis metabolites attach to bile to be drawn out through the bowels, which can speed up the elimination process.
Strategies You Can Use When Faced With A Mouth Swab Test
As well as using the home remedy methods I’ve just outlined if you have advance notice, there are also strategies you can employ when faced with a mouth swab test:
Firstly, you can simply try and avoid them digging too deeply into your mouth with the collection tool. They will use a collecting tool that looks and acts like a cotton swab. As they will be trained to collect from the gumline, especially inside the teeth, when they do, pull back slightly so that they don’t get that deep.
Secondly, you can pretend you are coughing, or that you have a bad gag reflex. Anything to try and get them to back off, to take the sample from higher up in the mouth. You can also mix this with slightly moving your head.
Thirdly, you could face the miracle situation where they give you the collection tool to administer the test yourself, just telling you where to get the sample from. They will not be able to see clearly where you are taking the sample from, so disguise it with your hand, and take the swab from high up inside the cheek.
What Works To Pass A Mouth Swab Test
But even doing all that, you may not be able to avoid detecting as positive from mouth swab drug testing if you are riddled with metabolites.
I said at the start of this that I had tested products using home drug test kits. I’m a heavy user of cannabis, and shortly after smoking a joint I tested two popular oral drug test products.
The first one was Toxin Rid Rescue Wash mouthwash. It’s a small bottle of liquid costing about $30, available from Test Clear. It passed the home saliva drug test.
On the downside, Rescue Wash mouthwash isn’t that discreet. Although the bottle is small, if you are in a live testing situation, you could not unscrew the top of the bottle, put the liquid into your mouth, swill it around, and then dispose of liquid in bottle with someone in the room, or in front of you Semi your forklift, or wherever.
So the second product I tested is probably the best. It’s called Oral Clear, and it’s saliva neutralizing gum product. Although it actually is the gum, it’s a small capsule of liquid that you pop in your mouth, swill around, and then swallow.
It also passed the at-home saliva drug test I administered. So it’s just as good as Toxin Rid. However, why it’s my recommended way to learn how to pass a mouth swab test is that it’s so discreet. You could cup it in the palm of your hand and put it into your mouth while you cough, and then chew it, swill the liquid around, then swallow it, all with someone in the room.
But be warned Oral Clear is not cheap, with a single capsule costing $90. But it’s definitely the most discreet and effective way to pass a mouth swab drug test.
So there you go, you can potentially use home remedies to pass a saliva drug test, but if you want to learn the best way to pass a mouth swab drug test, then for me it’s professional products, with Oral Clear saliva neutralizing gum being thing I would recommend you use.